Supporting Strategic Commissioning event 10th March 2015
Workshop 2 - Social Firms – More service for less £££s
a viable solution to historic day services for people with learning disabilities and those managing mental health issues
This workshop will aim to:
• High-light the technical aspects required to modernise a traditional day service provision which traded and the journey to independent status (if you want to go this far).
• discuss why and how the Social Firm model of social enterprise works particularly well for people with disabilities and those managing mental health issues.
• outline work that needs to be achieved to modernise and or externalise a day service .
• give a first-hand account of the whole journey and what the future looks like from a group of traditional services that undertook the transition and is providing more service for the local authority for less £££s
• talk about what has been learned from all perspectives and what could be done differently.